LES SENTIERS DE L OMBRE Index du Forum

'You could die' Jack Grealish on his horror injury and how i

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    LES SENTIERS DE L OMBRE Index du Forum -> LES SENTIERS DE L OMBRE -> LES SENTIERS DE L OMBRE
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
chanoudom
bavardeur

MessagePosté le: Dim 20 Mai - 09:32 (2018)    Sujet du message: 'You could die' Jack Grealish on his horror injury and how i Répondre en citant

'You could die' Jack Grealish on his horror injury and how it sparked his Aston Villa coming of age

maxbet Grealish has told the Sunday People of how that pre-season clash with Watford midfielder Tom Cleverley almost cost him his life. It is often remarked upon that footballers will ‘die for the cause’. But Aston Villa’s Jack Grealish almost did. Rewind to the start of this ­campaign and a pre-season friendly against Watford. A harmless-­looking challenge from former team-mate Tom Cleverley did not just put the 22-year-old in ­hospital, it left him fearing he may never wake up again.

The gifted playmaker will step out at Wembley on Saturday to face Fulham in the Championship play-off final with the hopes of 40,000 travelling Villa fans resting on his shoulders. It would be the fairy-tale ­ending — the Brummie, schooled by his local club, firing them back to the big time. But to understand the journey Grealish has undertaken this ­season, we have to go back eight months – to the ­moment when a tackle in a warm-up game almost cost him his life.

“I took a kick to the kidney and it split in two places. It was pouring with blood, internally, for about five hours," he exclusively told the Sunday People's Neil Moxley. “It’s the worst pain I’ve ever been in. I went to Heartlands hospital in Birmingham. They found out what it was and I was rushed to the Queen Elizabeth for an operation. Before it happened, the surgeon had to tell me the consequences of what could happen if it didn’t work. maxbet

“He looked me in the eye and said, ‘Jack, you could die’. My reply was, ‘What?’ “I was genuinely scared. I was expecting to be back inside a week, but it was three or four months. “I knew Tom Cleverley from our time together at Villa and he couldn’t believe it. I spoke to him the morning after the ­operation and I said, ‘Mate, do you know where I am and what’s happened?’ He couldn’t have been more apologetic.

“I’m a big believer that ­everything happens for a reason. I came back from that injury a different person. “I thought about how everything could be taken away from you in such a short space of time. I worked so hard to come back because I missed football. I ­wanted to be the best I could be. I was in the gym every day and my energy is so much better. I feel stronger, fitter. maxbet

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Dim 20 Mai - 09:32 (2018)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
chanoudom
bavardeur

MessagePosté le: Jeu 21 Juin - 07:14 (2018)    Sujet du message: Eden Hazard plays down Romelu Lukaku comment after Panama wi Répondre en citant

Eden Hazard plays down Romelu Lukaku comment after Panama win

sbothai Belgium's Eden Hazard has played down the comments he made about team-mate Romelu Lukaku after their 3-0 win over Panama.Dries Mertens put Belgium ahead just after the break before a Lukaku double sealed the win in Sochi.

Belgium were criticised for their first-half performance and Hazard said he had to speak to his team-mate at half-time to talk about how he felt he was "hiding up front". He later admitted he did not "regret what he said".

sbothai Speaking to Sky Sports News' Gary Cotterill, Hazard said: "As the captain, even if I am not the captain I can talk, on the pitch I try to give my best, if I can help players to be better - I will.""I just told Romelu [Lukaku] if we want to win the game we need him, not just as a scorer to score goals, but we want him to be involved in the build-up.

"We just talked normally and we won the game in the end so it was fine."Hazard had told the BBC "it was not easy playing with a man missing" but when he was in the game he created some "magic".Head coach Roberto Martinez gave his players Wednesday off before they take on Tunisia on Saturday in their second Group G match.

They face England on June 28 in their final group game - something the Chelsea striker is looking forward too."You never know what can happen against England - they have good players, they are strong. We saw against Tunisia they can create a lot of chances," Hazard added.

sbothai "If we win against Tunisia it is going to be easier for us. But I think against England it will be a good game to play. We will see after the game."To play against my second country is always good and against France so it is all in our hands to do something good."

Contenu Sponsorisé

MessagePosté le: Aujourd’hui à 04:11 (2018)    Sujet du message: 'You could die' Jack Grealish on his horror injury and how i

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    LES SENTIERS DE L OMBRE Index du Forum -> LES SENTIERS DE L OMBRE -> LES SENTIERS DE L OMBRE Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | Creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation